Pages

Sunday, July 3, 2011

#38 - Really? Seriously?

Good morning y'all.

Before I start my huge rant, here are some screenshots of my highlights of the week (Or 2).

Firstly, the nicely chipped Dragon's Fury Rifle.

Photobucket
=)

Awesome eh? NO! That's actually the state it was last chipped. I gotten a couple of *facepalm* stats, namely 20% ASPD and 80%+ Undead and another 3AR with maxed Accuracy. The number of chips used has gone up to such a high number, that I don't even feel like counting anymore. What's the point? I tried using Enchantment Tranquilizers on it, but I get several yellow stats and crappy blue stats. The chipping process has drained my Vis from a high 100m to a measly 9m. Time to earn that Vis back and chip again? I don't know. I'm really, really tired. Please wish me luck, readers, because any further bad stats in this cursed rifle is gonna make me snap.

*breaks pencil into half*

Secondly and much more happier one.

Photobucket
The beautiful Castilla Temple.

I went for the first Relic raid with my faction after my hiatus. It was chaotic as usual, with all the monsters butt-raping us. In the end, I gotten the best loot from the roulette, which was an E96 Piernoente. This was already mentioned in my previous post. But I had something else to rant about.

We took well around an hour or so to finish Relic. All that hardwork and time placed into Relic to get crappy loots. I'm not referring to myself as I already have a good loot. I'm referring to my squad mates. Granado Espada's way of rewarding players after a raid which lasted for an hour is giving them e84 crap. *facepalms*

I know this issue was mentioned many, many times. But I can't just take it lying down. How's a regular player finishing the raid and getting these kind of loots gonna react? "Oh, bad loots again. Next time again then. *more potion keyboard mashing against a bunch of spear-poking fuckers and oversized king-kongs*" I had a chat with a faction mate earlier this afternoon. He said raids are mostly here for the fun. How's it fun anyway? Most of the time I went into Relic, I almost broke my keyboard into half with all the keyboard mashing and getting irritated with poking spearmen. I can relate with teamwork, since you have to resurrect downed families and constantly dealing with the poking spearmen to help other DPS families.

About the Tempest and many other bosses, why are all the bosses so huge? I had to zoom out to the maximum just to see Tempest's graphical cues of a Snow Storm or any other instant KO AOE. Hell, sometimes, you can't even see the cast bar of Snow Storm (I fucking hate this Tempest skill, it doesn't show an AoE range, it has an almost instant cast time and the graphical cues are to hard to see sometimes because the cue camouflages with Tempest's armor or you are too busy avoiding poking spearmen and knights).

Fighting Tempest isn't a challenge. It's a CHORE. Resurrect, buff up (Optional), fight, die, rinse and repeat. There is definitely satisfaction upon completing Relic. The faction beaten it with a 5 men squad previously, and with the additional me, 6. It's quite an accomplishment that most factions can't do. However, that satisfaction gets overshadowed with bad loots and bad memories. Period.

I was playing this other game. It was a dungeon raid that lasted for 1.5 hours. I was very tired, but I was very, very satisfied. I gotten a good loot plus money, experience and getting through tough obstacles. It was a very challenging raid nevertheless. People who claimed Relic to be challenging (How's Relic challenging anyway?), please think again. The raid I done in that game had lots of challenges, for instance..

"There was a boss who was able to instant KO the Tank. But there is a cast time for the KO skill, and you can prevent it by using a skill that stuns. Upon failing the stun, the Tank dies, loses all aggro, and the boss will recklessly attack any character who's aggro-ing it. Cleric has to be alive at all times. Melee/Ranged DPS-ers serve as bodyguards for the Cleric."

"The boss can cast a debuff on the Tank that allows the boss to convert all the damage dealt by the Tank into health. The Cleric, healing the Tank, has to watch out for the debuff on him and use a skill that dispels the debuff."

"DPS players have to keep their DoT (Damage over Time) skills up to effectively overrun the boss regeneration rate. DPS players also help to eliminate any monsters summoned by the boss so that the Cleric can focus on healing the Tank, and the Tank can focus on holding the boss aggro. A lot of teamwork is happening here."

"Every time a boss casts an AoE, all players within AoE range must escape immediately."

Any of that matches any of Granado Espada raids? I only know a few, namely Byron raids and Chateau de Bourgogne. Bounty Hunter missions and Castilla Mine/Relic are some of the most boring raids I have ever been to. Let's face it, Byron raids (The one with the mad Gluttony and the other with the NPC bosses) and Byron itself and Chateau de Bourgogne are the best and fun-est things in Granado Espada and it doesn't have huge fucking bosses like Dekaravia or Tempest. Who ever created Byron, and the future Byron updates, is awesome. The rest of the raids in Granado Espada are mediocre.

Sigh. I'm finished with my first rant. I typed everything that was bottled up in my heart. I feel good now. But I'm not finished.

~

Thirdly, Panfilo's Potluck. Or should I say, Poopluck.


What is IAH thinking? Releasing ANOTHER gambling web game to milk cash cows again. This time, the game is a hybrid of HCOF and ABS. You have to pay 1000 GP for every try, but here's the good thing, you won't get Tickets. Instead, you get previous ABS loots like Lollipops, Ores, Status Ampules etc, for a try that didn't succeed to get the good loot. Although it's a good alternative to spend GP compared to HCOF, it's STILL A MONEY BASED GAME. Rich people prevails once again. I was hoping for another free event of some sort, since there was a double EXP week event previously..

..you know what. FUCK THIS. BRING BACK ABS GODDAMMIT.

ABS was probably closed to allow PPL to come in. Geez! Due to this, I'm not gonna purchase any GP cards until there's some sort of buyer reward system or an appreciation event or feature to all cash users. I'm even not gonna purchase the Le Sagittaire Optimiste costume for Grace. I'm only gonna focus on 5 characters and that's all. 2 Musketeers, 1 Trooper, 1 Fighter and a Scout. That's it really. Customer satisfaction going downhill gradually..

Lastly.

I'm ready. EVER READY. FUCKING READY. READY ANY FUCKING TIME.

Photobucket
Somehow, the picture auto-cropped or something.

Just give me Dragon Nest already. I'm very tired of Granado Espada and I need good break away from this game.

JUST GIVE ME THE GAME ALREADY!

Lost post I know.

Glad you enjoyed.

End.

John

No comments:

Post a Comment